DevelopMN has identified four cornerstones for strong regions and communities, one of which includes Human Capital.
It is clear that prosperity in the 21st century will be driven by a combination of Human Capital and Innovation. In a world that is constantly shrinking, people with knowledge and skills are becoming ever more mobile and have multiple choices of where to live, work and play. Growing, retaining and attracting talent, and then maximizing its potential, are critical for Greater Minnesota.
Opportunities for Human Capital:
• Population and workforce expansion through immigration
• Investment in talent retention and attraction
• Utilizing retirees knowledge and experience
• Marketing quality of life and economic opportunity
• Entrepreneur training
• Develop and implement college and career awareness programs