DevelopMN has identified four cornerstones for strong regions and communities, one of which includes Economic Competitiveness.
Making Greater Minnesota an attractive environment for growth is critical to creating jobs, raising living standards and financing necessary public services. Economic prosperity requires that communities link all assets of the community to generate new knowledge, new businesses, and transform existing businesses into thriving 21st century companies.
Opportunities in Economic Competitiveness:
• Support societally and environmentally aware entrepreneurs/businesses
• Challenge the business perception of MN by eliminating unnecessary delay, regulations, taxes and providing assistance to offset business costs
• Increase awareness of the benefits of business in MN
• Broaden access to start-up capital to encourage innovation and investment
• Increase trade and development opportunities with neighboring states and Canada
• Capitalize on bio-energy to expand and create businesses
• Utilize the knowledge and skills of retirees
• Utilize workforce centers and technology/business incubators